Regio: Central Asia
We are looking for a Christian Director of School for the 2021/2022 academic year. The school is located in the ‘Alps of Central Asia’ and is NEASC and ASCI accredited and is enrolled in NEASC’s ACE program.
The international school serves the volunteer and expat community. Our student body hails from 17 countries, and the school aims to equip them for effective service to society for the glory of God.
- School Size: 190
- Type of Student: Expatriate
- Certification: Required
- Years of Experience Required: 5
- Minimum Length: Long-Term
- Boarding: No
- Monthly Stipend Provided: Negotiable, dependent on experience
About the position
As Director, you will oversee all aspects of the educational, financial and spiritual development of the school, its staff and students.
You will be servant leader who relishes the opportunity to innovate and set the pace in a blossoming region of the world. You will be passionate about the transformational power of education for both our students, and the wider surrounding community.
Stipends and education waivers are available and depend on experience.
A. GENERAL FUNCTION
The Director is responsible for the daily operations of the school. They provide leadership in a multicultural educational setting managing staff, financial planning, budgeting, and property and building maintenance. The Director is accountable to the Integrity International Board of Directors.
B. SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensuring the development and well-being of the student body.
- Addressing the spiritual, intellectual, social, physical, and emotional growth of each student.
- Recruiting, employing, and caring for expatriate and national teachers.
- Ensuring academic and program quality by maintaining NEASC accreditation, and through the ongoing process of curriculum development.
- Engagement in continuing education and personal professional development.
- Meeting the Ends laid out in the Policy Manual.
- Providing leadership and supervision in the daily operations of the school.
- Ensuring a fair enrollment process that serves the Ends of the school.
- Managing finances, including oversight of the annual budget, accounts and accountants, and accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Maintaining a professional development program that is systemically implemented and reviewed for the academic and spiritual growth of the staff
- Developing a strategic plan (in partnership with the Board of Directors) that is implemented and reviewed annually
- Communicating with and supporting the Board by submitting monitoring data in a timely, accurate and understandable fashion.
- Keeping accurate records of meetings.
- Overseeing the school premises.
- Interacting with parents and students in all matters relating to the student’s academic, spiritual, emotional and physical well-being.
- A life consistent with biblical principles
- Integrity in business, finance, and human relations through equitable treatment of others
- Evidence of being able to listen and weigh the counsel of others
C. JOB CONSIDERATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. This is a full-time leadership position.
- Scheduled work hours are determined by the needs of the tasks associated with the responsibilities above.
2. Required skills, experience and qualities:
- Demonstration of a vital Christian faith.
- Love for children, and education.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferable).
- Fluency in English (reading and writing).
- Ability to execute a Biblical faith-based educational program.
- Appreciation for and ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Collaborative approach to leadership.
- Teaching experience.
- Good communication and relational skills—both verbal and written.
- Understanding of, and willingness to work within, John Carver’s Board Governance model (see Carver, Boards That Make a Difference and Reinventing Your Board).
3. Helpful skills and experience:
- International experience.
- Master’s Degree.
- Development of an international curriculum.
- Working with multi-cultural community.
- Russian and/or local language ability.